From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] adding another "terminal"
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:05:47
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd like to add another terminal to my machine (there is no need for a
4 separate full blown work station).
5
6 I see two possibilities:
7
8 - add another graphics card and attach a second screen, keyboard and
9 mouse. I'd have to figure out how to tell X11 that configuration
10
11 - built something like an X-terminal: a mini-pc (with a mini Gentoo
12 system) and connect it to my "server" via ethernet to the. I'd use
13 NXclient on that machine. I'd prefer this options since this "terminal"
14 needn't be close to the server machine.
15
16 Would anybody be so kind to share his/her experience with these options
17 or even suggest another one?
18
19 Many thanks,
20 Helmut.