From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 10 G eth (10000) on Gentoo
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 01:48:09
1 > I've overheard IRC conversations that discussed multi-queue network
2 > cards in the context of multi-core systems. My educated guess, based
3 > on what you mention, is that each queue in the card would ping a
4 > different interrupt. Each interrupt might be handled by a different
5 > core, so you'd see a scaleable improvement there.
6
7 Nice - multi-queue was vapourware when i last looked. It would be
8 worth checking the driver source/doco to see what's there.