From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] losting deadkeys layout
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:40:11
1 Luigi Pinna wrote:
2 > Alle 21:26, domenica 2 luglio 2006, Donnie Berkholz ha scritto:
3 >>> Luigi Pinna wrote:
4 >>>> Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
5 >>>> Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
6 >>>> Option "XkbLayout" "de"
7 >>> Try this, for the Right Alt key to get you into the level 3 stuff (á,
8 >>> ë, etc)
9 >>>
10 >>> Option "XkbOptions" "lv3:ralt_switch"
11 >
12 > I tried it... I don't understand my layout! Now I have but it's in the
13 > ü! I had now [] not in the 7 and 8 but on ö and ä.
14 > I'm a little bit confused...
15
16 So the lv3 stuff works something like this:
17
18 alt+; then letter gives right accented letter
19 alt+[ then letter gives umlauted letter
20 alt+] then letter gives tilded letter
21 alt+' then letter gives hatted letter
22
23 There's a different set called compose rather than lv3 that will give
24 you "composed" things, compose+letter then ' gives accented letter, etc.
25 It's sort of a more logical model. Look in
26 /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/compose for "xkb_symbols" instead for its
27 possible buttons.
28
29 Thanks,
30 Donnie