From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:00:07
1 On 2012-03-10 03:48, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3
4 Howdy!
5
6 > this? I'm thinking about redoing my partition layout. I'm wanting to
7 > keep / (root) on a normal ext4 file system. I want to put /usr, /var,
8
9 As long as you don't use the udev version that requires access to /usr
10 at boot time (or mdev) then you can keep using a non-init boot (I do),
11 as long as /bin /sbin is on root...
12
13 Btw, does anyone know which version of udev requires access to /usr? I'm
14 running latest stable here 171-r5 and I have separate partitions for
15 /home /opt /usr /usr/local /tmp /var, all on LVM and /boot on a separate
16 partition outside of LVM, and it works fine.
17
18 Best regards
19
20 Peter K