From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Some essential packages fail to compile
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 19:53:05
1 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml
2 > I also read it far before I wrote my email.
3
4 In case I wasn't clear in my other email, what you should be paying
5 attention to are the instructions under 'Configuring distcc to
6 cross-compile correctly'.
7
8 Of course, the instructions are just an example and you should
9 substitute the correct triplet (i.e. 'sparc-unknown-linux-gnu' should
10 become 'i486-pc-linux-gnu').
11
12 > I have to temporary disable distcc (FEATURES variable needs to be commented out) for klibc, emerge klibc and then re-enable distcc
13
14 FYI, environment values take priority over those in make.conf, so you
15 can just override FEATURES for the current build by putting it on the
16 command line:
17
18 $ FEATURES=-distcc emerge klibc
19