From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio convert splitter etc...
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:48:19
1 On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Vasya Volkov <my.pipes.burn@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Audacity doesn't support .wav file format. I mean it doesn't convert .wav to
3 > mp3, ogg, etc... Soundconverter strange programm. I tried to convert my wav
4 > files to mp3 with it and size of files that I get was 20 Mb and more (same
5 > with wav files).
6 >
7 Cannot confirm all this here.
8 Soundconverter inputs:
9 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada-orig.mp3
10 Type: Audio file with ID3 version 24.0 tag, MP3 encoding
11 Mime: audio/mpeg
12 Size: 3,313,924 bytes
13
14 converted to
15 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada.wav
16 Type: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 32 bit,
17 stereo 44100 Hz
18 Mime: audio/x-wav
19 Size: 73,036,844 bytes
20
21 Then
22 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada.wav
23 Type: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 32 bit,
24 stereo 44100 Hz
25 Mime: audio/x-wav
26 Size: 73,036,844 bytes
27
28 converted to
29 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada.mp3
30 Type: Audio file with ID3 version 24.0 tag, MP3 encoding
31 Mime: audio/mpeg
32 Size: 3,381,240 bytes
33
34 I suggest that you check your quality options.
35
36 Audacity opens:
37 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada.wav
38 Type: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 32 bit,
39 stereo 44100 Hz
40 Mime: audio/x-wav
41 Size: 73,036,844 bytes
42
43 then *exports* (do not use "save project as")
44 Item: /tmp/temp/Brigada.ogg
45 Type: Ogg data, Vorbis audio, stereo, 44100 Hz, ~192000 bps, created
46 by: Xiph.Org libVorbis I
47 Mime: application/ogg
48 Size: 4,600,477 bytes
49