From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Errormessage from mdadm at boot
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:16:00
1 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Everything works
3 > fine with one exception, when I boot the system I'm getting the following
4 > error:
5 > Starting up RAID devices (mdadm)
6 > mdadm: No arrays found in config file
7
8 (snip)
9
10 > Any ideas why mdadm (mdadm -As) can not find my arrays at boot time.
11
12 Actually, your arrays are probably found all right, but by the kernel
13 and not by mdadm. I have the same message here, but everything works well.
14
15 I guess you have set your raid partitions to "raid autodetect", and all
16 your partitions are detected by the kernel before the initialization
17 scripts even start. Then, when mdadm -As is called, it doesn't find any
18 *other* raid arrays to start and gives a (misleading) error message.
19
20 If your /proc/mdstat looks ok after booting, you can safely ignore the
21 message.
22
23 -- Remy
26 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list