From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Python idle - font size for menu and help
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 16:20:14
1 On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Albert W. Hopkins:
3 >
4 >>AFAIK IDLE uses  the Tk toolkit.
5 >
6 > So it seems...
7 >
8 >>So you'll probably need to configure the fonts for Tk
9 >
10 > ...and i have already searched for a way to do so. In vain. Would be
11 > nice, if this could be done not alone for idle but also for other tk
12 > applications.
13 >
14 >>(however that's done).
15 >
16 > *g*
17 >
18 > A config file in /etc, in home, perhaps some lines in .Xresources...
19
20 That's what I was thinking. I pretty much stick with a plain xterm,
21 but for that to be workable on a 22" 1080p LCD, I had to adjust font
22 sizes.
23
24 For example, from my ~/.Xdefaults-serenity file:
25
26 *customization: -color
27 xterm.RenderFont.renderFont: true
28 xterm*faceName: terminusbold
29 xterm*faceSize: 10
30
31 These settings don't impact anything outside of xterm, though.
34 :wq