From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: What's the use of mozilla-launcher?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:17:40
1 Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>:
2
3 > On 11/13/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
4 >> BTW: That won't work. Suppose a user knows, that mozilla-launcher
5 >> does a openURL remote command and because of that knowledge, he
6 >> makes use of it.
7 >>
8 >> Ie. he calls "firefox http://site/,new-tab" to have http://site/
9 >> opened in a new tab. With your patch, this will no longer work.
10 >
11 > True, but you can't have it both ways.
12
13 But I want to ;)
14
15 > Either ',' characters are a
16 > part of the URL, or they are not. And your idea of dumping
17 > mozilla-launcher altogether will also break this case as well.
18
19 This case: Yes, you're right.
20 But I see this as an advantage, as users would use the original
21 firefox script as shipped by mozilla.com and might find a lot
22 more documentation. For example, "-remote openURL()" would work
23 as documented on mozilla.com (or does it already work like
24 documented there, thanks to some "magic" in mozilla-launcher?).
25
26 > The defined way of doing this
27 > would be "MOZILLA_NEWTYPE=new-tab firefox http://site/".
28
29 That's a Gentoo-ism, isn't it?
32 Alexander Skwar
33 --
34 I'd put my money where my mouth is, but my mouth keeps moving.
35 -- Larry Wall in <199704051723.JAA28035@××××.org>
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list