From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing or stopping binary emerges from being in emerge.log
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 08:50:18
1 Dale schrieb am 06.03.22 um 06:53:
2 >
3 > I have a chroot environment that I do updates in.  Once the updates are
4 > done, I copy the binaries and distfiles over to my running system and
5 > use the -k option to update everything in my real system.  It comes in
6 > real handy when libreoffice, Firefox, qtwebengine and other large time
7 > consuming packages are being updated.  The bad thing is, I have the full
8 > length of build time in the chroot but the binary install on my running
9 > system.  Is there a way to either stop it from logging binary updates or
10 > removing them after it is done?  I'd rather it not keep those times in
11 > either place really.  I can't find a emerge option.  It seems to record
12 > everything regardless.  My reason for this, the binary install times
13 > throws off genlop -c and its estimates.
14 >
15 > Anybody have ideas?
19 There is a long-standing bug [1] regrading this issue but given genlop
20 currently is not actively developed I don't think there will be a
21 solution soon. It should be possible to exclude binary merges as they
22 can be identified in emerge.log which is read by genlop to generate the
23 output.
24
25 Also I don't think there is an option in portage to not log binary merges.
26
27 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/120899
30 Best
31 Daniel