From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Newbie question : specific software version no more available
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:09:10
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > You can, by adding ">cate-gory/package-version" to
4 > /etc/portage/package.mask. As long as the package is installed, a copy
5 > of the ebuild will stay in /var/db/pkg. Portage never forces you to
6 > upgrade anything.
7
8 OK: thanks I did not know this. (I have never tried anything like emerge
9 world yet, I just update the packages as I need (either bug fixing or
10 for new functionality): I just noticed the older ebuilds go missing from
11 /usr/portage).
14 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
15 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list