From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:24:41
1 On 10/21/2013 02:13 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Tyan is a mobo I have heard good things about. I think someone gave me
3 > a puter to repair once that had a ASUS mobo. It seemed to be a nice
4 > mobo. Pity the guys house caught fire from the central heat tho. I'm
5 > open to ideas here.
6 >
7 > Basically, I want to make sure this is going to meet my expectations for
8 > years to come. If it won't, time to switch.
9 >
10 > Thanks to all for the help. I figured I was missing something in the
11 > kernel but wasn't expecting this, not from Gigabyte at least.
12 >
13 > Dale
14 >
15 > :-) :-)
16 >
17 > --
18 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
21 I also like the Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards. I was sticking with
22 Intel desktop and workstation boards but now they discontinued them back
23 to what I knew...
24
25 I've only got one recommendation for ASUS: Stay far away from their
26 gaming boards. They're unstable as hell.
27
28 I also have an ASRock motherboard (budget board) for one of my computers
29 around here, it's not a bad board either.
30
31 The only really bad experience I had was with ECS. Garbage boards.
32
33 Dan