From: napalm@××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postgres suddenly can't access files in its /etc directory
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:19:58
1 On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:56:47AM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 04/23/12 11:44, napalm@××××××××××.org wrote:
3 > >>
4 > >> You can `su postgres` and then try to read the files yourself. That
5 > >> should reveal the problem.
6 > >>
7 > >
8 > > Interestingly I can't `su postgres` even though I have set it a shell,
9 > > thanks for the tip though, I'm getting closer!
10 >
11 > You can also try `su - postgres` which will attempt to switch to
12 > postgres's home directory. Is that readable/executable?
15 Postgres doesn't have a home directory and if I create one and chown it
16 postgres:postgres I still can't do anything. I'm totally at a loss here.
17
18 Here's the strace output from `su - postgres`:
19 http://pastie.org/private/dilrgts7xqrafxu15widga
20
21 I'm so confused at the moment!
22 Thanks for the help so far though guys.