From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tetex 3.x - how does /etc/texmf/updmap.d/ work?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 03:09:21
1 Hi there,
2
3 Portage recently upgraded me to tetex-3.0_p1-r3, and natrually it
4 h0sed the changes I'd made to my systemwide updmap.cfg file.
5
6 Now I find the main tetex-3.x fontmap file to be /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
7 00updmap.cfg, which seems like a funny name. That would imply to me
8 that, following the conventions of other distros' /etc/init.d/ files,
9 if I place a file 99mymap.cfg in the /etc/texmf/updmap.d directory
10 then it will automagically be loaded after 00updmap.cfg. However
11 doing so does not seem to work.
12
13 Am I far off-base in my assumption, please?
14 What is the "correct" way for me to add fontmaps to my Tetex
15 installation on a systemwide basis, please? I would obviously prefer
16 them to be remembered next time emerge upgrades my system.
17
18 Stroller.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list