From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recompiling pakages after rebuild of Qt?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:50:36
1 On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:15:31 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > * After a rebuild of Qt, it can happen that Qt plugins (such as Qt/KDE
4 > styles,
5 > * or widgets for the Qt designer) are no longer recognized. If this
6 > situation
7 > * occurs you should recompile the packages providing these plugins,
8 > * and you should also make sure that Qt and its plugins were compiled
9 > with the
10 > * same version of gcc. Packages that may need to be rebuilt are, for
11 > instance,
12 > * kde-base/kdelibs, kde-base/kdeartwork and kde-base/kdeartwork-styles.
13 > * See http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/plugins-howto.html for more infos.
14 >
15 > I'd now like to recompile the necessary packages. How do I find
16 > out, which packages I need to recompile, besides the 3 packages,
17 > which are mentioned in the message?
18
19 Whenever I've recompiled QT, I've only needed to recompile two of the
20 three packages the ebuild lists, kdelibs and whichever of the other two
21 applies. This message reads like it was written by a politician, "it can
22 happen", "may need to be rebuilt", "for instance" :)
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Q. What is the difference between Queensland and yoghurt?
29 A. Yoghurt has an active culture.