From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive change
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:53:43
1 On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:08:18 +0000, jdm@××××××××××××.uk wrote:
2
3 > I am about to change my hard drive on my machine from a 500GB to 2tb.
4 >
5 > To transfer I intend to dd the partitions across and then resize using
6 > lvm as home swap var are located on lvm.
7
8 Can you connect both drives ate the same time? If so you can create a PV
9 on the new drive, add it to your VG and then use lvmove to move the date
10 before removing the old drive from the VG. That way you can continue to
11 use the computer while the transfer takes place.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 How do I set my laser printer to stun?