From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] graphical ssh-enabled file system browser?
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 05:52:02
1 On Sunday, 25 June 2006 5:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Is there a good, graphical ssh-enabled file system browser that I
4 > could set up on my wife and son's machines that would allow them to
5 > move files back and forth between machines without them having to
6 > understand ssh and escape characters? They use a lot of spaces in
7 > their file names so I'd like something that had two window panes
8 > (local & remote) that would allow them to drag files in either
9 > direction and do the hard stuff for them.
10 >
11 > I use WinSCP on my WinXP machine. It works really great for this
12 > purpose. Something like that which is Linux based would be great for
13 > them but I cannot yet find anythign in the Online Package Database.
14 > Probably I'm just not searching with the right terms yet. Sorry.
15 >
16 > Thanks,
17 > Mark
18
19 Setup FUSE and you should be able to 'mount' ssh using sys-fs/sshfs-fuse. Then
20 use whatever file browser you'd like to manipulate files.
23 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list