From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : (2) HDD or SSD ?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:48:54
1 Am 22.07.2012 19:30, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2 >
3 > On Jul 23, 2012 12:05 AM, "Michael Hampicke" <gentoo-user@××××.biz
4 > <mailto:gentoo-user@××××.biz>> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> > I have just a (maybe silly) question...
7 >> > I saw on some forums that partitionning SSDs could slow down read/write
8 >> > access.
9 >> > Is it true or simply intox ?
10 >> > On my sata HD, i have boot, /, usr and home separated partitions.
11 >> > What do you think of it ?
12 >>
13 >> This could happen of the partitions on the SSD are not properly aligned.
14 >> The guides I know on this subject are german, but thats no problem, just
15 >> do a google search for something like "linux ssd partition alignment".
16 >> There you will find all the ansers you need.
17 >>
18 >> If I remember correctly parted has a built-in alignment check.
21 > Even the venerable fdisk now properly align partitions, IIRC.
22 >
23 > Rgds,
26 cfdisk is one of the few that don't.