From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] inhouse email
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:34:52
1 On Oct 26, 2005, at 6:01 PM, Elliott Clark wrote:
2 >>
3 > I too have a local mail server and I came to the conclusion that I
4 > would really like a mx backup server. However I already spend too
5 > much on internet services. So what I would love to do is set up
6 > some kind of gentoo community run mx backup web. Something were
7 > users get 2 backup servers and they are a backup server for two
8 > others. However this would require some trust and a lot of
9 > programing to get a utility to create configs for all of the
10 > different mail servers out there.
11 >
12 > I posted on the forums but didn't get any real response so looks
13 > like the flaws are too great. But the idea still kinda stands find
14 > someone else who needs a mx server and exchange. You be their
15 > backup and they be yours.
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
21 I think the liability and trust issues would make that a bit
22 difficult. Interesting idea, though.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list