From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man pages not displaying right - SOLVED
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 23:46:38
1 On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 06:12:19PM +0200, Wolf Canis wrote:
2 > Michael George wrote:
3 > |
4 > | It was /etc/man-conf. A change in the NROFF definition caused the
5 > | problem. Running dispatch-conf didn't prompt me for the config change,
6 > | so I ran etc-update this time and found it.
7 > |
8 > | Hopefully this will be helpful for someone.
9 > Hello,
10 > yes it's helpful, but I used etc-update and was to fast and
11 > can't remember what are the changes. Could you give me an idea of the
12 > working NROFF definition?
13 >
14 > For now, I solved it by changing the MANPAGER variable to "less". I had
15 > set MANPAGER to "vimmanpager". Perhaps I have a additional problem?
16
17 Here is the NROFF definition which did *not* work:
18 NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -mandoc
19
20 This is my NROFF setting now, and from before I had the problem, which
21 *does* work:
22 NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tascii -c -mandoc
23
24 I hope this can be helpful to many of you out there.
27 -M
28
29 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
30 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list