From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Number of open Bugzilla bugs
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 00:46:26
1 On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:25 PM Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > personally, I care about closing bugs that are done with or
4 > can't be acted upon.
5
6 As do I.
7
8 > I honestly think it would
9 > be best to close bugs that are just not applicable anymore, e.g., for ebuilds
10 > or versions of packages that have not been in the tree for a looong time,
11
12 Certainly.
13
14 > like, say, HAL: https://bugs.gentoo.org/401257.
15
16 That isn't a HAL bug - it is a bug for a relatively recent version of pm-utils.
17
18 I'm not sure if the bug is still an issue, but it could very well be.
19
20 And that is the issue with just closing bugs because they're old.
21 They can still be issues.
22
23 If an issue no longer exists then of course the bug should be closed.
26 Rich