From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wlan0/ndiswrapper failing after gcc-4 upgrade (and dual Windows boot)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:46:19
1 On 11/25/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > In case you haven't, remerge/modprobe the module for the wifi card.
5 >
6 > HTH.
7 > --
8 > Regards,
9 > Mick
10
11 Mick,
12 Unless I'm mistaken, that module is ndiswrapper which was emerged
13 again after the kernel was rebuilt.
14
15 In case you're not familiar with it ndiswrapper wraps around a
16 Windows driver that talks to the hardware. It's an interface between
17 the Linux driver stack and the hardware running a Windows driver.
18 There is no apparent native support for these wireless NICs in Linux
19 unfortunately so I'm forced to use ndiswrapper which worked OK under
20 gcc-3.4.6.
21
22 If I'm mistaken about the above description I'm happy to be informed.
23
24 Thanks,
25 Mark
26 --