From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CHOST for Celeron J4105 processor
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 11:50:27
1 On 8/4/20 7:19 pm, Michael wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 06:43:44 BST William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have an Odroid H2 with a Celeron J4105 processor which appears to
6 >> be a Gemini Lake, Goldmont Plus architecture
7 >>
8 >> Any idea what CHOST this should be?
9 >>
10 >> BillK
11 > I don't have one of those, but it is an x86_64 Quad core SoC. This should do
12 > it:
13 >
14 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
15 >
16 > Useful links:
17 >
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/CHOST
19 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Safe_CFLAGS
20
21 Hi, yes that is what the reference pages give - but I am hoping there is
22 something that is evidence backed as being a better choice - what you
23 quote is their example, no details on whether it matches my architecture
24 or not.  The installation default is "i686-pc-linux-gnu" which is a
25 catch-all lowest common type.
28 BillK