From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update gentoo without network [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 08:22:12
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:39:50 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >
4 >> Just tested, it works:
5 >>
6 >> 1. cp -a /var/db/pkg from system A to removable media
7 >> 2. chroot ; emerge-webrsync ; emerge --fetchonly -uDvN world
8 >> 3. cp -a /usr/portage from removable media to system A
9 >> 4. next week, goto 1
10 >
11 > Interesting, that's worthy of an entry in the wiki for anyone else
12 > looking to maintain a Gentoo system without Internet access. I would
13 > suggest that you update portage within the chroot. What you are doing is
14 > lying to portage about what is actually installed, that shouldn't be a
15 > problem most of the time given what you are using it for, but different
16 > versions of portage on the two systems may cause problems at some time in
17 > the future.
18
19 Good suggestion about portage update.
20 I'll check how to create a wiki entry.
21
22 raffaele