From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hibernation
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:39:46
1 On Dec 3, 2014 11:33 AM, "Michael Vetter" <michael.vetter@××××××××××××.de>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > Hello there,
5 >
6 > I use i3 as my window manager and use xfce4-power-manager for saving
7 > battery and stuff on my laptop. Today I tried "hibernation" for the
8 > first time and realized: it does not work.
9 >
10 > All I did so far was installing fce4-power-manager selecting some
11 > sections in kernel config that seemed necessary and installed polkit.
12 >
13 > However when I close my notebook's lid (I configured xfce4-power-manager
14 > to switch into hibernation in this case) it shuts down, but when i press
15 > the start button, it just does a normal restart.
16 > What am I missing?
17 >
18 > Michael
21 Maybe you need to pass the resume-partition parameter to the kernel in the
22 bootloader. Point it to your swap device.
23
24 You can boot normal with this parameter set and not hibernated