From: russian sky <russia_sky@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wiki page(kernel/upgrade) command confusion: 'cat' and 'awk'
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:38:36
1 > This, in my opinion, is a case of “useless use of cat”.
2 > `cat somefile | sort` can be replaced by “sort file”.
3 Agree with that, i will attempt to add an replacing
4 adivce to the talking page of the kernel/upgrade wiki
5 page.
6
7 > I don’t quite follow. Do you mean the “.*”, so you replace .* with .?
8 Yes. Based on the explanation of '*' in the gawk manual, it's
9 used to match zero/one/more times repeating of the preceding character which in turn doesn't match the default
10 diff printing mode( >for removing, <for adding). It's not
11 necessary to add '*' to '/^>.*(=|Linux)/'.