From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-misc/synaptiks crashes immediately
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:19:49
1 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:47:23 +0100
2 Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
3
4 > Symptom:
5 > Start synaptiks configuration module, get immedeately DrKonqi crash
6 > report (trace attached, likely not much useful since I disabled debug
7 > flags) Start either from kde systemsettings or konsole; the latter
8 > gives
9 >
10 > alex@prometheus /datadisk/home/alex $ synaptiks
11 > Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 14:
12 > reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
13 > KCrash: Application 'synaptiks' crashing...
14 > KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from
15 > kdeinit sock_file=/homedisk/alex/.kde4/socket-prometheus/kdeinit4__0
16 > unnamed app(17763): Communication problem with "synaptiks" , it
17 > probably crashed.
18 > Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message
19 > did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
20 >
21 > Any ideas what could go wrong?
22
23 The crash would reveal what is wrong; therefore, I suggest you to
24 recompile the libraries of those packages with debug flags.
25
26 See http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
27
28 Besides that, you might be able to use strace and/or ltrace (with -f
29 parameter; if needed, increase the -s parameter) to see what happens
30 under the hood.
31
32 I'm suspecting you'll find the cause by inspecting both; because as
33 the trace mixes in evaluation of a Python script, you might need to use
34 strace and/or ltrace to discover which Python script this is.
35
36 A next step could be to use a debugger on that Python script if the
37 trace, strace and/or ltrace are insufficient to reveal the cause.
38
39 When you have found the cause, can you file the details in a bug at
40 https://bugs.gentoo.org such that the maintainers are aware of this?
41
42 Thank you very much in advance.
45 With kind regards,
46
47 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
48 Gentoo Developer
49
50 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
51 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
52 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D