From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs shell color question
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 03:15:37
1 Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 2006-27-12 at 12:51 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >> ...[snip]...
5 >>
6 >> Are you using [Xe]macs in console mode or in an xterm .. other?
7 >
8 > I'm starting xemacs from an xterm with the command "xemacs &".
9 >
10 >> What is the output of `alias|grep ls'?
11 >
12 > $ alias|grep ls
13 > alias d='ls --color'
14 > alias ll='ls --color -l'
15 > alias ls='ls --color=auto'
18 > But still, wouldn't commands like ls or gcc need the terminfo in
19 > order to know the correct escape sequences to generate for that
20 > internal terminal?
21
22 I am not an expert and not an Xemacs user... I use fsf emacs since
23 1996.
24
25 However my terminfo has no entry for emacs either and I do not
26 see the escape sequences so I think the answer to above question is
27 no.
28
29 You might have a lisp package called ansi-colors.el in your Xemacs
30 installation. Run this command against the directory that holds all
31 the Xemacs source lisp files (ending in *.el *.elc)
32
33 find YourLispDirectory/ -iname '*ansi*'
34
35 And see if it is available. If so I think it will do what you need
36 for now. But I do beleive something in your env is causing the
37 trouble.
38
39 For expert advice on this I suggest you post a question on:
40 gnu.emacs.xemacs newsgroup.
41
42 You can get to that newsgroup on www.gmane.org to. Its called:
43 gmane.emacs.xemacs.general
44
45 Someone there will be able to give you expert advice.
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list