From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] basic grub question
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:06:38
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 09:41:07AM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
4 >
5 > > Well, I am trying to use the nvidia driver which conflicts with uvesafb
6 > > frame buffer, so it seems. It used to work fine, but not it does not
7 > > work anymore and the only solutions I have found was a couple of grub
8 > > parameters which gives you a higher resolution and passes it on to
9 > > linux.
10 >
11 > You should be able to pass the kernel parameters in lilo using the
12 > "append" command. Here's an example from my lilo.conf...
13 >
14 > image = /boot/kernel.production
15 > root = /dev/sda5
16 > label = Production
17 > read-only # read-only for checking
18 > append = "noexec=on net.ifnames=0"
19
20 Well, the problemis, I don't know the correct parameters to get the best
21 resolution -- there is a formula to calculate if I use vga=, but grub
22 had a way where you specified the mode and it put the screen in graphics
23 mode and passed it on to linux, which seemed unique to me.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici