From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: baselayout upgrade
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:20:30
1 Volker Armin Hemmann writes:
2
3 > I went down the bl2/openrc path a long time ago and there were some
4 > unpleasant moments. But overall it was ok.
5
6 I had no trouble at all, but I may just have been lucky.
7
8 > At the moment 'devfs' needs almost a freaking minute to start and I
9 > have no clue why.
10
11 Strange, there does not seem too much be going on in there, just some
12 mounting of directories in /dev.
13 When you add a "set -xv" in the /etc/init.d/devfs script, you will get
14 debug output. So you can see where exactly something hangs.
15
16 Wonko