From: Nganon <nganon+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to build a time machine on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:35:00
1 On 17 August 2010 02:53, Thomas Yao <t.yao426@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Not sure if it's in an overlay, but I don't think it's in portage.
5 > >
6 > > Run eix -l backup and see how many back up tools and scripts pop up.
7 > >
8 > > I have been using tar, star and rsync. They all work and they can all
9 > make
10 > > incremental back ups. You'll find that a lot of the other 'smart' back
11 > up
12 > > applications are based on these anyway.
13 >
14 > A disk archive utility called dar is a great staff to backup dir trees and
15 > files
18 Looks like the -A switch is exactly what I am looking for:
19
20 This way you can make a first full backup, then many differential
21 backup,
22 each taking as reference the last backup made.
23
24 Thanks!
27 > @ghosTM55
28 > Mechanism, not policy