From: Josh Helmer <joshhelmer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount nfs thru mount system call
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:19:16
1 On Wednesday 08 March 2006 19:55, c.s.prakash wrote:
2 > when i mount the nfs through the system call
3 >
4 > mount("192.168.0.51:/root", "/mnt/9", "nfs", 0, "rw, async");
5 >
6 > it shows an invalid argument. but when i do this thru mount command it
7 > mounts without any problem
8
9 It's been about 4 years since I last had to do that (so no guarantees), but
10 If I remember correctly the data argument for NFS is not just a string.
11 Instead I believe that you have to do some other magic to encode the data
12 correctly. I would recommend looking at the source code for mount and see
13 what happens.
14
15 Josh
16 --