From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:37:24
1 On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 17:27 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > As our resident hal-hater-in-charge, Dale will no doubt be *very* pleased to
3 > hear of what Ubuntu is doing for 10.04:
4 >
5 > entirely removing hal in favour of DeviceKit.
6 >
7 > When I say *entirely*, that's what the blog said - entirely. If this pans out,
8 > maybe there's a chance Dale can get a working (recent!) X at long last
9
10 Yeah, this has been the plan all along. Hal was going to be the the way
11 to go until something better came along. Whether DeviceKit (or whatever
12 they're calling it now) is the "better" replacement has yet to be seen.