From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] testing SATA drives
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:43:10
1 Hi folks:
2
3 I have a server that failed under fedora a while back, the EXT3
4 partition ended up with thousands of errors on it and the journal
5 corrupted itself into oblivion. I was able (I don't know how) to
6 recover my data, but I wiped it out formatted the drives and installed
7 gentoo. I now want to test the drives (they are now blank except for
8 the os) to see if the problem was with fedora and lvm (the old one) or
9 if it is a physical or electrical problem with the disks. The disks are
10 SATA drives 2x 250gb -- I am not sure how to proceed and I googling has
11 not been helpful -- it may be there, I just haven't found it.
12
13 The server is a spare till I can validate it, then it will be moved back
14 to production status. The result of that is, its ok if the testing
15 takes some time etc.
16
17 Thanks for all your help
18
19 Timothy A. Holmes
20 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
21
22 Medina Christian Academy
23 A Higher Standard...
24