From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gecko-mediaplayer inconsistent dependencies
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:06:40
1 >> The gecko-mediaplayer ebuild RDEPEND is as follows:
2 >>
3 >> RDEPEND="dev-libs/dbus-glib
4 >>
5 >>     >=media-video/gnome-mplayer-0.6.2
6 >>     >
7 >>     || ( =net-libs/xulrunner-1.8*
8 >>
9 >>         =www-client/mozilla-firefox-2*
10 >>         =www-client/seamonkey-1*
11 >>         www-client/epiphany )"
12 >>
13 >> I'm not sure how to interpret that, but on one system portage wants to
14 >> downgrade to mozilla-firefox-2* and on the other it does not.  Can
15 >> anyone tell me why that is?
16 >>
17 >> - Grant
18 >
19 > The trick is in that "||" symbol. Any one of the xulrunner, firefox, seamonkey
20 > or epiphany versions listed will do.
21 >
22 > My guess would be that one machine has xulrunner installed, the other does not
23
24 They both had xulrunner installed but only one had xulrunner-1.8
25 installed. I installed it on the other and now the dependencies
26 resolve great. Thanks for your help.
27
28 - Grant