From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't boot btrfs
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 01:49:59
1 Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Sure, if there is interest I can put together something once I'm back home.
5
6 I'm sure there is an interest in Raid 1 with btrfs on gentoo. If at all
7 possible, I think avoiding mdadm and lvm are advisable to simplify the
8 install and put the focus of the gentoo community learning the ins and out
9 of btrfs; if possile. Any guide would be an excellent starting point
10 on allowing many gentoo users to benefit from btrfs. A simple partition
11 scheme to start with would keep the guide shorter.
12
13 If you put this together, single disk, here is a web pages that states that
14 it is pretty much straightforward to convert to a dual disk raid-1 config::
15
16 Conversion "
17
18 A non-raid filesystem is converted to raid by adding a device and running a
19 balance filter that will change the chunk allocation profile.
20
21 For example, to convert an existing single device system (/dev/sdb1) into a
22 2 device raid1 (to protect against a single disk failure):
23
24 mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
25 btrfs device add /dev/sdc1 /mnt
26 btrfs balance start -dconvert=raid1 -mconvert=raid1 /mnt "
29 James
32 [1]
33 https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/
34 index.phpUsing_Btrfs_with_Multiple_Devices#Registration_in_.2Fetc.2Ffstab