From: Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] offline runlevel
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:49:46
1 try grepping for need in /etc/runlevels/boot/* and /etc/runlevels/offline/*
2 to see if any of your boot or offline services has a dependency on
3 networking..
4
5 If there is something that requires net, see if setting
6 RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo" in /etc/conf.d/rc will do the trick. If that
7 doesn;t work, then you may need to remove the service from that softlevel.
8
9 Also check for PROGRAM keys in your /etc/udev/rules.d/* to make sure it's
10 not udev trying to start the device. However, I don't believe there's
11 anything like that in the default rule sets.
12
13 And, I'll second Richard, "emerge ifplugd"
14
15 dcm
16