From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnucash won't start--PLEASE help
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 05:22:05
1 At Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:33:35 -0700 Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'll tell you what will happen, they will close the "bug" with some
4 > silly message "not enough info" etc.
5
6 I hope you are wrong, but of course time will tell.
7
8 > The same way when I file a bug about new php-5.2.5_p20080206 when it
9 > came out. The bug was dismissed "closed" the same day I file it,
10 > week later the php was downgraded to current one php-5.2.5-r1
11
12 In some sense the downgrade was the response to your bug.
13 Of course the bug report should not have been dismissed
14
15 > I've been with Gentoo for over 4-years and I am getting tired of
16 > babysitting the system on the weekends.
17 > Maybe I'll try Debian stable. I need something that works.
18
19 I hope you don't. By filing bugs when bugs do exist, you are helping
20 us all; even if you are not treated as you should be.
21
22 Also your previous msg stating that you hit the same problem that I
23 did was comforting to me. Thanks for sending it.
24
25 sincerely,
26 allan
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list