From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE compose key with Fluxbox
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:25:25
1 On Monday 09 Apr 2012 20:35:33 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > The gruesome details cb found in KDE bug 294949 .
3 >
4 > I want to be able to enter Greek & other special characters in Kwrite/Kate
5 > using a compose key, as I can already in Gvim.
6 > This doesn't work with Fluxbox, but does work with the KDE desktop.
7 > That suggests some daemon or service needs to be running,
8 > which is started by 'startkde' but not by Fluxbox,
9 > which then recognises the compose key & behaves accordingly.
10 >
11 > Can anyone suggest what the daemon or service mb
12 > & how to add it to ~/.xinitrc so that it starts with Fluxbox ?
13
14 Old school here, I add the second keyboard as Option "XkbLayout" in my
15 xorg.conf and Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll" to be
16 able to use Alt+Shift to activate it.
17
18 I just thought that I don't know how to make this work on the console without
19 X.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick