From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] module-init-tools : masked opponent
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 14:17:29
1 On 09/03/2013 15:07, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Doing my usual Saturday system update, I saw a prominent msg
3 > telling me that 'module-init-tools' has been masked
4 > & to use 'kmod' or 'modutils' -- the msgs vary -- to replace it.
5 > When I did so (both), Nvidia wouldn't start, even after remerging it.
6 > Back with 'module-init-tools' -- now in 'package.unmask' -- all is well.
7 >
8 > Does anyone know what's going on ? -- did I miss a 'news' item ?
11 Did you reboot after the updates? My last nVidia card was >1 year ago
12 but I always found they needed to be fully rebooted before loading the
13 module would work right
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com