From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems using ivman
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:56:35
1 On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:22:57 +0200, Stefán István wrote:
2
3 > I have some little problems with ivman, and I hope somebody could help
4 > me:
5 > - It does not creates entries in fstab, so when I put in some device,
6 > though it is mounted it is not shown on kde's desktop.
7
8 Don't use ivman with KDE, it has it's own auto-mounting system. As long
9 as KDE was merged with the hal USE flag and you have "Enable HAL backend"
10 set in Control Centre->Peripherals->Storage Media.
11
12 This uses pmount, which it seems like ivman does not, which doesn't write
13 entries in /etc/fstab. This is how it should be, I don't want software
14 messing with a file so critical to my system's health.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Good fortune will find you provided you left clear instructions.