From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IDE/USB problem : not both disks recognized on same IDE channel
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:44:13
1 On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 10:46:00AM +0100, Penguin Lover Rohit squawked:
2 > I have an IDE disk enclosure (can house 2 disks per IDE channel, a total of
3 > 4 currently plugged in) which makes IDE disks available to the main computer
4 > via 2x USB 2.0 connection (One USB 2.0 port connected to IDE adapter).
5 > The problem I have is that the computer is able to see only 1 IDE disk per
6 > channel. At a time, as a result, my server can only see 2 disks instead of 4
7 > connected, one disk per channel only.
10 Not an IDE problem. A SCSI problem. Those USB enclosures makes it so.
11
12 In menuconfigs, go to
13
14 Device Drivers -> SCSI device Support
15
16 and check Probe all LUNs on each SCSI device.
17
18 W
19 --
20 Q: What's yellow and depends on the Axiom of Choice?
21 A: Zorn's Lemmon
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1002 days, 12:33