From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 200+ package updates!
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:38:11
1 2016-03-08 10:53 GMT-03:00 Andrew Tselischev <andrewts@×××××××××.net>:
2
3 > On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 10:06:32AM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi, All.
5 > >
6 > > This is just to say "Congrats!" to all developers of our beloved distro.
7 > > All individual package maintenance tasks and overall coordination efforts
8 > > are, as always, from my point of view, fantastic, but this orchestration
9 > > exceeds all I've seen.
10 > >
11 > > Congratulations!
12 > >
13 > > And, please, keep the good work.
14 > >
15 > > Best Regards,
16 > > Francisco
17 >
18 > i'm sorry, but i feel a very strong urge to crarify a couple of points:
19 > how do you define 'package update' and how did you count them?
22 Hi, Andrew.
23
24 A cron job starts a "emaint sync" every day, by the morning, sends an
25 e-mail about what's new, and later on, another cron job starts a "emerge
26 world", and also sends an e-mail with the emerge log.
27
28 Yesterday, all of this went fine, all updates were built and installed just
29 as expected.
30
31 Now, by the morning, I've got an e-mail showing 216 possible updates. Some
32 regarding the new stable branch of Qt, but most regarding KDE.
33
34 Best regards,
35 Francisco