From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Very "old fashioned" question
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:13:35
1 Hi,
2
3 currently I am playing around with the simulation of on old PDP-10
4 (DEC).
5
6 It is real fun to see and feel, how this dinosaurs of high power
7 computing (the CPU of the PDP10, the KL10 processor has eaten
8 1.26 kW!!!!)
9
10 The installation of the old tapes to finally get a fully functional
11 TOPS-20 OS requires to enter such mysterious key compbinations like
12 CTRL-/ (which at least on a german keyboard produces something totally
13 different.
14
15 Or in other words:
16 The installation of the system is blocked by not haveing the correct
17 keycodes.
18
19 My questionis are:
20 Are these old fashioned keycodes are part of a certain terminal emulation,
21 so that I only have to change $TERM, or are they something to hack into
22 .Xmodmap?
23
24 Does anyone has a list with the mapping of these ancient keycode to
25 any numerical value?
26
27 Thank you very much ! Long lives the radio tube and CPUs of dicrete
28 transistors!!! :)
29
30 Have a nice XMas and a happy new Year 2011!
31 Best regards,
32 mcc