From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sda=stroke boot parameter
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 08:41:08
1 On 09/10/20 23:49, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-10-09, Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Especially with `grub-mkconfig`, you don't have to manually edit configuration
5 >> files at all, which doesn't seem to be an option for users of LILO.
6 >
7 > I always had a lot of problems getting grub-mkconfig to work. The
8 > documentation about various options and configuration variables seemed
9 > to be inconsistent, confusing, and often different considerably from
10 > one distro to the next and from one version to the next. I find it far
11 > easier to just edit grub.cfg.
12 >
13 Yup. I ran it for the initial setup, and haven't run it since
14 (especially since some of my systems were dual-boot). It's easy enough
15 to edit ...
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol