From: Sergey Kobzar <sergey.kobzar@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Resuming after hibernate
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:16:54
1 Btw, s2disk is user-level tool. According to http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Suspend_to_Disk
2 initrd image is required to resume from image created by s2disk tool,
3 but I don't use initrd.
4
5 Maybe this is a reason? Probably I need switch to native swsusp?..
8 Monday, November 9, 2009, 5:39:46 PM, Walter wrote:
9
10 > Why do you need anything in the kernel commandlindline? Everything is
11 > done either in the kernel config or in hibernate.conf. "make menuconfig"
12 > on my machine goes like so...
13
14 > =========================================
15 > Power management and ACPI options --->
16
17 > [*] Power Management support
18 > [ ] Power Management Debug Support
19 > [ ] Suspend to RAM and standby
20 > [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
21 > (/dev/sda6) Default resume partition
22 > =========================================
23
24 > Your system should have /dev/sda5. I ran "emerge hibernate-script"
25 > and then executed "rc-update add hibernate-cleanup boot" so that when
26 > the machine comes up from "reboot" or "halt -p", it doesn't try to load
27 > the swap file as memory state.
28
29 > Here are the uncommented lines in my hibernate.conf. The last 4 lines
30 > are specific to my machine, and may not apply to yours. It works great
31 > for me.
32
33 > TryMethod disk.conf
34 > Distribution gentoo
35 > DownInterfaces auto
36 > PowerdownMethod shutdown
37 > UseSysfsPowerState disk
38 > UpInterfaces auto
39 > OnResume 99 chvt 1
40 > OnResume 98 setfont lat1-10
41 > OnResume 97 /etc/init.d/sshd restart
42 > OnResume 96 alsactl restore
49 Sergey