From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: progress everywhere !
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:15:57
1 On Sunday 19 October 2008 18:48:37 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I suspect there wb pleas for help from users who run out of disk space:
3 > earlier versions needed  < 3 GB , so this is a big jump,
4 > esp as I have  2 GB  memory (I didn't check how much it was using).
5
6 I have 4.5G free in /var and I've already run out of disk space TWICE trying
7 to build OOo-3.0.0. I had to create a temporary logical volume and mount it
8 at /var/tmp/portage/ just to get the thing to build.
9
10 This is getting insane. Sun needs to have a good long hard look at this build
11 process - 5G+ to build a package that totals 380M when installed is just a
12 tad over the top in my book
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com