From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolving names of local hosts locally
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 23:46:59
1 On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 11:20:57PM +0100, lee wrote
2
3 > Then how do you solve the problem of being unable to even resolve the
4 > names of hosts on the LAN when the connection goes down?
5
6 Do the machines on the LAN have static IP addresses? If so, try hosts
7 files on the LAN machines (No, my initials are not "apk"). If they get
8 random addresses via dhcp, that won't work.
11 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
12 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications