Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerging virtual/editor installs nano - why?
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:11:57
1 Hello.
2
3 On Dec 7, 2007 3:56 PM, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6 > On 7 Dec 2007, at 13:29, Alexander Skwar wrote:
7 > > Emil Beinroth <emilbeinroth@×××.net> wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >> there is a virtual/editor package in the tree, that selects nano
10 > >> as the
11 > >> default choice.
12 > >
13 > > How does it do that? How do I make it select something else?
14 >
15 > I think you simply emerge vi (or vim or emacs or joe or whatever) and
16 > then portage will no longer try to emerge nano (or any other editor).
19 Yes, I know. That's one way. But why am I able to "preselect"
20 the virtual/mta by editing the virtuals file and why can't this same
21 thing be done for virtual/editor? Basically, I'd like to *preselect*
22 what should be taken as a virtual.
23
24 Best regards,
25