From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Annoying X server message
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:27:07
1 I run X the stone age way with startx/xinit. Each time I switch to
2 another VT with Alt-Ctl-Fn, X mutters this on the original VT:
3
4 Suspending AIGLX clents for VT switch
5
6 and then a similar one when I switch back. This happens when the
7 original VT is in raw mode, apparently, so the terminating newline is
8 not cooked and I get the staircase effect, messing up the display (after
9 I return from X) and wasting screen space.
10
11 Can I silence these messages? I tried adding "-logverbose 2" to my
12 server init file, that didn't help. IIRC I cannot redirect the output
13 to /dev/null or anywhere else because X looks at stdout/stderr and makes
14 inferences from where they point.
15
16 Maybe I ought to try -logverbose 0 ?
19 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
20 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
21 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.