From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Annoying X server message
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 17:27:07
I run X the stone age way with startx/xinit.  Each time I switch to
another VT with Alt-Ctl-Fn, X mutters this on the original VT:

Suspending AIGLX clents for VT switch

and then a similar one when I switch back.  This happens when the
original VT is in raw mode, apparently, so the terminating newline is
not cooked and I get the staircase effect, messing up the display (after
I return from X) and wasting screen space.

Can I silence these messages?  I tried adding "-logverbose 2" to my
server init file, that didn't help.  IIRC I cannot redirect the output
to /dev/null or anywhere else because X looks at stdout/stderr and makes
inferences from where they point.

Maybe I ought to try -logverbose 0 ?